Korean Snacks Review II

Korean Snacks Review II: the sequel!


Black Sesame Snack 

These have a great, brown rice crunch to them. They are a little grainy in texture but very crunchy and light. They have a sweet coating and are sort of covered by black sesame seeds (there aren't a lot of seeds though). I picked this snack because I saw a guy leaving with two bags and thought to just go for it. Overall I liked them, but I prefer saltier snacks.

Final thoughts: I loved the texture and crunch, plus the flavor of the rice puff itself, but I'm not a huge fan of how sweet these are.



Sweet Potato Snack 

Sam picked these ones out for us. These snacks are puffs shaped like diamonds and have a small, waffle-weave texture. And they are coated with a sweet powder that very much tastes like sweet potatoes.

Sam's thoughts: They were good, but I probably wouldn't get these again.
My thoughts: This was too sweet. Would not buy again.



Sour Cream Flavor Potato Crisp 

So these snacks were left for us by the previous teachers and they are great. It is hard to describe the flavor exactly, but imagine a round, flat, and slightly thicker ...pringle? Maybe. The powder coating is sour cream, slightly tangy, but mostly a typical sour cream and onion flavor. The cracker itself? Sweet. It is sweet. It tastes like a thin cookie coated with sour cream and onion powder. I have no idea why this works, but I actually really like this one.

Final thoughts: These are surprisingly delicious and I will be buying them again.


Thanks for reading!

Food posts coming soon: Coffee in Korea, + more snacks ☺



Comments

Post a Comment