Korean Snacks Review II

Korean Snacks Review II: the sequel!


Black Sesame Snack ★★★☆

These have a great, brown rice crunch to them. They are a little grainy in texture but very crunchy and light. They have a sweet coating and are sort of covered by black sesame seeds (there aren't a lot of seeds though). I picked this snack because I saw a guy leaving with two bags and thought to just go for it. Overall I liked them, but I prefer saltier snacks.

Final thoughts: I loved the texture and crunch, plus the flavor of the rice puff itself, but I'm not a huge fan of how sweet these are.



Sweet Potato Snack ★★☆☆

Sam picked these ones out for us. These snacks are puffs shaped like diamonds and have a small, waffle-weave texture. And they are coated with a sweet powder that very much tastes like sweet potatoes.

Sam's thoughts: They were good, but I probably wouldn't get these again.
My thoughts: This was too sweet. Would not buy again.



Sour Cream Flavor Potato Crisp ★★★★

So these snacks were left for us by the previous teachers and they are great. It is hard to describe the flavor exactly, but imagine a round, flat, and slightly thicker ...pringle? Maybe. The powder coating is sour cream, slightly tangy, but mostly a typical sour cream and onion flavor. The cracker itself? Sweet. It is sweet. It tastes like a thin cookie coated with sour cream and onion powder. I have no idea why this works, but I actually really like this one.

Final thoughts: These are surprisingly delicious and I will be buying them again.


Thanks for reading!

Food posts coming soon: Coffee in Korea, + more snacks ☺



Comments

Post a Comment