Korean Snack Review Part VI

Alright we are back with some more snacks! We've tried a lot since our last post, so here are a few highlights:


Strawberry Jelly Chewing Dessert ★★★☆

This candy caught my eye because of the addition of "L. paracasei," a probiotic bacteria. Many Koreans drink probiotic shots like Yakult, etc, and it seems to be a popular trend. These were tasty, sort of just tasted like a strawberry gummy. Nothing too exciting. But they are funny because the gummies are shaped like those probiotic shot plastic bottles. 

Flavor: Strawberry, citric acid
Texture: gummy with sugary coating


Tandoori Onion Rings ★★☆☆


Have to say I wasn't a huge fan of these. This was one of those snacks where I had one and then handed the bag to Sam. He says they were good. I don't know, I just can't get used to the strange aftertaste that so many of these snacks have. And yeah, the taste lingers for quite a while..

Taste: Spicy, sweet
Texture: Crispy


Roasted Squid Peanuts★★☆☆

First of all, no where on the packaging would indicate to me that this was a squid snack, but upon opening the bag you can smell a strong fishy smell. I was so disappointed. I was really excited for what looked like a savory, crispy peanut snack. But there's always a twist.

Sam says they definitely had a really weird taste, they were okay, but not great.

Taste: fishy, slightly sweet (maybe chocolate?)
Texture: crunchy



Thanks for reading. This weekend we are putting together our pictures and writing about our experience at the Pyeongchang Winter Paralympics ☺

Comments